Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chilling at home

Yesterday afternoon with little warning, my plastic surgeon showed up at my room with a wheelchair and kidnapped me. We went to a little procedure room next to his office and he did his best to treat the infection and save my implant. Meanwhile, all my nurses and some resident docs were wondering where the heck I was.

Although the cosmetic result is not attractive, I'm really happy with everything. I got to go home shortly after and am on oral antibiotics now. It wasn't really a surgery because I was awake, but I can totally understand why usually people are put under. It was quite a sight to see. So basically I get to wait at home and see if 1) the infection clears up or 2) infection gets worse. I'll be headed back in on Friday for a follow-up. I really appreciated his willingness to work me into his schedule and his flexibility. Thanks Dr. Lawrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment