Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kristin mentioned in her last blog post that she should have labeled her blog differently. I think a good label would be, “I’m not going to die, but live on-blog”. It is quite evident to me that Kristin is going to live on. The outpouring of flowers, plants, cards and gifts to Parker’s college fund have been amazing. It is even more apparent to me now how she was able to touch people’s lives and change them. That change that she made to people is part of the way I see her “living on”.


I am planning to continue Kristin’s blog by adding parts of my journey with her and into the future. When I shared this idea with a friend she suggested I could add some of the things I was thinking about or going through when Kristin posted some of her blog entries. I know Kristin’s blog has made a difference in people’s lives. I’m sure she realizes how much now. Hopefully some people can find some use in what I post as well.


There are many things that I plan to save and share or pass on to Parker in the future. If you would like to have him know one day how Kristin impacted your life please send me a message on Facebook or ask for my email. I will save these for him. There will come a day that they will mean a lot to him.


Parker reminded me the other day when I was feeling down that I don’t need to be sad because Mommy is everywhere. He told me later that night that he is happy because Mommy is in heaven. I am so thankful that we have been able to help him have such a strong faith. Parker’s words made me think about something that I have tried to remember throughout our journey with cancer. No matter how heavy the cross is that we may be carrying it does not mean that the weight we perceive is more than the weight someone else feels from their cross. It is funny that part of what has made me think of this is an episode of MASH.


Many people have told me that if there is anything they can do to please let them know. I will probably not be as good at this as Kristin was, but I will try. A friend told us when Kristin was first diagnosed that we would likely receive lots of offers for help (We did and we are so thankful). He also said that the help provided would not only be a blessing to us, but accepting the help would be a blessing to those that gave it.


With Christmas approaching and these other thoughts going through my head another that comes to mind is “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It really is in so many ways.


Patrick - 12/17/14

No comments:

Post a Comment