Friday, October 31, 2014

Fight is on

I probably should have labelled my blog, as I don't want to die soon.  Because sooner or later we all have to face the facts that we will die, and we have little control over when or how it happens.  As a friend told me, some of us just graduate earlier that others. 
As for me, I am sadly headed down hill and am in need of some prayers again.  The cancer in my liver has made my liver hard as a rock and very uncomfortable to bend over or lean forward.  I am on oxygen at night and when I exert myself.  I'm slowly loosing control over my life and am having to lean on loved ones for help.  If you have volunteered and I have yet to call on you, be patient, there will be plenty of help needed and I have no doubt that you love us. 
My tumor maker is up yet again and I have chosen to switch doctors to get another opinion, she's much more positive that my previous doctor and I hope she has some more tricks up her sleeve.  But in all honesty, there is little left for the doctors to do, it is now up to God.  Thanks for all your prayers, I'm sorry I can't answer every card, but know they are greatly appreciated. 
((HUGGS))
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Dear, sweet, brave, honest Kristin. I am sorry to read that you are facing new challenges but am glad your new doctor seems to be more open and supportive to you.
    There are, as you said, no promises or magic insight as to the time, manner and place of our death, something that comes to each and every one of us.
    God has - I firmly and faithfully believe - a propose for our life and a reason He sends us on paths we would never have intentionally chosen for ourselves. Perhaps it is not our own life, at a particular moment, for which He has a purpose but the life of someone around us who needs to see us following in the path He has chosen for us.
    Your life, Kristin, has affected me more deeply than you could ever imagine. On the "good" days and the "bad" days, you keep moving forward continuing to inspire me and reflect His love to me. I see His power of love in your care for Patrick and Parker and the rest of your family. You find the tidbits of happiness and goodness in the day and celebrate them as the gifts they truly are.
    May you know how much I love you and am blessed to know you. Our paths, I believe, were meant to cross and the friendship that has developed from it was another gift from you to me.
    I hold you close in prayer every day and send you virtual ((HUGS)).
    Thank you for the updates and for sharing them with me and the larger community who is following your journey.
    Peace and Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for your family. Prayers for all

    ReplyDelete