Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surgery went well

My wonderful family at Chad and Lynsey's wedding
Surgery went as expected today, getting into the OR around 9 and leaving around 12, actual surgery time was only about 1 1/2 hours.  No complications and my incisions are very small :)  So relieved to have this behind me, and I'm glad I had it done- it is just extra assurance.  Added bonus of no nausea and very little pain!  The narcotics are keeping me very comfortable, but I doubt I really need them. 

Procedure was actually not robotic, as I thought, rather it was strictly laproscopic and I have 1 larger incision near my belly button (1 cm), then 2 more on either side near each ovary (5-8 mm).   Oddly I have some pain in my right shoulder due to the phrenic nerve getting irritated by the air they used to inflate my abdomen.  But that should go away soon.  

My doctors and nurses were really great and I was thrilled they let me go home early afternoon!  My dad will be staying with Parker and I tomorrow, and Patrick will return to work for a day and then he can spoil me all weekend.  I have so many wonderful friends and family- thanks for all your prayers and support.  

Kristin


Parker in his new toddler bed & a very proud Mama.

What a big boy!  And a cutie!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear, Kristin! May you have a fast and easy recovery:-) Congrats on the continued decline in tumor markers. Your strength and courage are amazing! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Kristin! So glad you are checking that off the list of things to worry about! Ovaries right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the picture of Parker!!!!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! Isn't that a great feeling to have it over with? I love the pictures! YOu all look so happy at the wedding and what a little lovebug in that suit:)

    Thoughts and prayers continue on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear this event went well, I am sure that grandpa will spoil Parker for you.. Is there a lake near by for fishing lessons?
    Kathy Noe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen, I found you through HER2 support. My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong!
    Anise
    aniseojedasmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete