Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Slow and steady wins the race


Very sad news reached me on Monday, a fellow breast cancer warrior passed away. Though we'd never met, she and I exchanged a few emails- and I found her optimism infectious. She too was very young and got only 4 years after her stage IV diagnosis. There is no rhyme or reason why some people live and others die. I'm just sorry that Courtney was part of the latter. Thanks for your wisdom, Courtney.

On the heels of such sad news, I got word that my tumor markers are continuing their gradual decline and I continue to experience little in the way of pain or side effects! I have decided to proceed with the surgery to remove my ovaries and thereby decrease the amount of estrogen feeding the cancer. April 26th is the big day, and I'm sort of excited to have that done - so I can move forward. It was a very hard decision, but I know its the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment