Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bad news, I am sorry

Greetings friends and prayer warriors.  I have bad news and I want to get it out before you hear it second-hand.  The cancer has progressed into my liver and the doctors believe that if it doesn't respond to the new therapy we could be looking at months.  So....... that leaves me planning for the future, leaving Parker with lots of birthday cards, graduation cards, letters, videos, songs and so forth.  I am not scared, I have come to terms with my disease.  But whatever prayers you can muster, would be greatly appreciated.  We want to pray especially for Parker and Patrick.  And obviously we pray that we get more time than just a few months.  Feel free to call me at anytime to chat, I want to reach out to all those who have reached out to me and give them a big hug.  I still have time for lunches, coffee breaks and ice cream runs.  Plus I'm frequently at the hospital, so if you work there, we can always find time to meet up.  I am getting radiation to my knee for some met pain.  But other than that which will soon subside I am pain free and loving life.  So help me celebrate!
Kristin

5 comments:

  1. I have been reading your entire blog. You are brave beyond words, amazing, and very very inspiring! You have been in my heart from the beginning of this blog, and I will continue to pray for you, Patrick and precious Parker. And that quilt is just gorgeous! Many many hugs...Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, sweet, strong, courageous, kind and loving Kristin...
    I am sorry to hear that you have been given such disappointing information. You and I know the mercurial temperament of cancer and the sneaky ways it can play its terrible game of hide and seek. We know the way it can see[ into out unconscious minds even when it does not reveal any symptoms in us.
    BUT...you are a survivor and a conqueror because you have not let it steal your SPIRIT! Your light shines as brightly now as the first day I met you -- August 26, 2014. You inspired and encouraged me then just as you do now.
    All of us who know you, even though some of us may be short-timers, realize that you are special and that we are blessed by knowing you. God has allowed our paths to cross for a reason, and I will be forever grateful for that.
    I believe that your life will be fulfilling and rich.
    Be encouraged...live fully...be at Peace...and know that you are loved.
    Joan in Dubuque

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin! I've followed your story through Anne, my dear friend from high school. I do pray for you and your family and for all the days you have left with them. May God grant you many many more! Here's a hug and a kiss from me (XO) and I really look forward to meeting you someday face to face. Love, Natalie Tangen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin: I got a link to your blog by my friend Tara W. who knows you. I have a little boy myself who is not yet 3 years old. I feel the insane urge to hug you and tell you how courageous you are in your fight against this disease. I pray for you and your family and thank you for sharing your story. -- Misty M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be a angel for your family and watch over your boys in their lives. You will not be alone in your journey.
    Peace and prayers,
    a cancer sister, Vicky

    ReplyDelete