Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Days

We had a great time at the zoo and can't wait for our next adventure. Unfortunately the side effects of Xeloda took alittle fun out of the get away-but not entirely. There are now 2 noticeable blisters on my feet which are a very odd side effect of the chemo, and then my hands have some very dry areas that are peeling. But with enough lotion, they're not too painful. Started a new anti-diarrhea drug, seams to be helping. Don't really want to decrease my dose of Xeloda because of the side effects because I want to get the most out of these drugs and shrink my tumors.

Meeting with the doctors on Friday, both the oncologist and the surgeon- hopefully they'll have some good news- i.e. the chemo is working as the blood cancer markers are decreasing and the implant looks good and we won't need to take it out yet.

Had a terrible dream last night, that my cancer was back full steam- and it was spreading faster than doctors could target it. I had lost my hair again and was preparing for the end- I was so relieved when I woke up. Good reminder that things can always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment