Monday, November 7, 2011

Two treatments down

Treatment on Friday went well- no real side effects. The worst was some bone aches that night and some fatigue on Saturday and Sunday. So all together not bad.

Also met with the doctor and discussed my lab work. My routine brain MRI (every six months) was normal and all my liver enzymes were at least alittle better than last month, and all within the normal range. Just got my tumor marker levels back today and they barely increased from last month, to my all time high of 102. This is good news, but not the change I was hoping for. I was secretly hoping they'd fall alot, but its not all that surprising that they increased slightly because it can take a month for the tumor markers to normalize after starting a new therapy. The Dr. said that within the first month it is not unusual for the numbers to jump as many cancer cells are dying and shedding the Muc1 protein into the blood. So maybe next month I will see the huge drop that I was hoping for.

House is coming along nicely- granite counter-tops and sod are in and down. Here are some pictures of the hickory cabinets in the kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, Kristin! I am thankful you are feeling good and praying your markers go down, as I'm sure they will! It all sounds better, doesn't it?
    I am also thankful you are able to watch the progress of your new home without being sick! It will be awesome for you to move into your new place! Can't wait for more pictures! Are you having to make a lot of decisions? I can't imagine all the little things you probably have to decide that I wouldn't even think of!
    Parker is growing so fast, what a little cutie! You will have a great Christmas with him!
    Take care and tell everyone hi from me! luv-k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin--so glad that you are handling your treatments well and showing improvement and stability in your labs! I think about you guys a lot and will get in touch about visiting when I find my way back there later next year (my stuff is still there).

    Look at Parker--he is a little boy now!! He is beautiful! It would be fun to get our boys back together for a playdate--I bet they would actually know how to interact this time :)

    Lots of love and prayers headed your way! -Connie

    ReplyDelete