Saturday, October 8, 2011

Slight set back

First off let me say that I feel GREAT! I am doing everything I did before cancer (minus working... hee hee hee). No pain, very few side effects and the house is getting siding and drywall!

However... my tumor markers are back to the levels they were when I first heard I had bone mets. They had been climbing for about 3 months and doctor decided it was time to see what was going on. So yesterday I had a PET scan, of course cried during the whole thing. Asked the doctor to not let me know anything until we could meet in person on Tuesday.

He did say that the next therapy would be TDM1, here is a video on the new experimental drug.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=...dicate&section

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Bring on the TDM1! So glad you're feeling good. I won't write a lot cuz don't know if I'll be able to post it!!!! lol luv-k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the video, that is wonderful that you can get in on this clinical trial. It sounds really promising! I'm going to do some more reading on it (science nerd...)because I am curious to see how exactly it works. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get good news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete