Monday, August 8, 2011

Another cycle down! Kristin-1, Cancer-0

Just finished another cycle of Xeloda and so far my hands and feet are not sore! Maybe it is the fact that I didn't spend alot of time on them, or maybe the slightly lower dose has helped. Either way it is a major victory for me and my quality of life. Although they don't hurt, I have never seen my feet peel like they are now. Another major break-through, turns out I have become lactose intolerant, so cutting milk out of my diet has dramatically helped with my GI issues. So no ice cream for now, but its worth it.
On another note, my hair will be due for a trim soon! And it is finally long enough for a clip or bobby pin. In other news, our house plans are coming along, working on a lot of paperwork this week, and then we're taking a week off to spend some time with friends at my Dad's cabin on the lake in WI. Family is good, Parker is now running and climbing- yikes. Thanks for all your well wishes and please send me your updates sometime.

2 comments:

  1. You should try some coconut milk "ice cream" if you miss ice cream. Super creamy and rich, better than ice cream! Thanks for keeping a blog and updating on how you're doing. Keep kicking some cancer ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mara- I sure will try some ice cream alternatives. The coconut milk ice cream sounds awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete