Sunday, August 21, 2011

Second Guessing

Well despite the good doctor's appointment, my ca27.29 number was up from 45 to 54. 9 points- do I really believe that is significant? Especially when the liver enzymes were good (?) I spent at least 1 whole day sure my cancer was spreading while on vacation. My back hurt, of course this was after waterskiing, but I still thought it was cancer. Then I came down with the stomach flu- up all night in the bathroom. So I was all worried the cancer was in my liver or something and making me sick. Parker got the same bug 2 days later, so the worry that it was liver cancer or something has subsided.

But I still worry. There are a few spots on my chest that are painful to the touch- granted these were surgery and radiation sites so maybe its just tissue inflammation. Dr. still plans to stay the course on the Xeloda and Tykerb, we will get a scan in a few months. And his nurse said that in some women the numbers can fluctuate a bit and they can be up one month and down the next. Sounded like as long as they don't stay in a constant upward climb- we're good. Fingers crossed. Meeting with the radiation oncologist this week- hopeful that she says the pain to the radiation sites is normal.

Cancer is not like any other disease- it is so unpredictable. What works for one person may not work for the next person.


No comments:

Post a Comment