Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Back to work and chemo

This month brings new surprises and a new chemo combination, halaven was added to my dual antibody therapy of herceptin and perjeta.  And so far, this mitotic inhibitor from the marine sea sponge has been a pleasure to work with.  First surprise was that it is given in a very concentrated form like 10ml over 5 minutes, so hurray less time in the infusion suite.  And secondly it has been like nothing at all, granted I'm getting over taxtotere, I've had more energy and less fatigue than I had with other chemotherapies.  I'm really hoping this one sticks and does the trick, as it is so easy to take.

As far as work goes, I'm busy getting reacquainted with flow cytometry, cell culture and science in general.  It was bumpy at first but things are looking up, and I'm settled in nicely.  Parker is loving going to daycare and we are always excited to hear the stories he spins about his day, who he played with, what they ate and what they did.  He's even learning to read, by sounding out words, we are so proud.  Thanks for all your continued prayers, I know God hears them and is working his wonders.
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment