Monday, July 8, 2013

Neuropathy or shingles, why does it always have to be something

Okay, I am going to complain in this entry- my foot hurts ALOT.  I came down with horrible nerve pain, extreme pins and needles, stabbing, tearing sensations in this little tiny region on the sole of my foot about 2 weeks ago.  It has me limping, waking up at night, unable to sleep, cringing with pain- I can not believe how an area so tiny can cause so much pain. 

So initially I feared it was a side effect of the chemo, God forbid as my tumor markers again fell this month (10 pts down)!  Again, Thank the Lord.   I'd hate to have to decrease or stop treatment because of this foot pain.  But now I don't care what is causing it, I just want it to stop.  My Dad suggested shingles, but I have yet to develop the hallmark rash anywhere.  My oncologist does not think Kadcyla causes neuropathy, and he is thinking that we should get an MRI done to see if a tumor is pressing on something like a nerve, but I don't follow his logic there.  It seams unlikely that a tumor in my pelvis could press on the sciatic nerve just right so as to keep my entire leg pain-free but affect a tiny region on the sole of my foot.  But he is the doctor, not me. 

So I guess I'm hoping its shingles, as that doesn't involve cancer and wouldn't interfere with my treatments.  So say a prayer tonight that I wake up with a horrible itchy, red rash on my foot in the morning, it'd be really great to continue on this therapy and not have to get an inconclusive MRI. 


No comments:

Post a Comment