Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Treatment #2 down!

So after a surprising increase in my liver enzymes and other lab tests, my tumor marker did increase 30 points after my first dose of Kadcyla (from 350 to 380), which means basically nothing.  All put together the doc thinks that this could be part of a good response, but all in all, if I feel good- go with it.  We won't know if this therapy is working for a few months, but based off how I feel- its amazing. 

I am totally off Tykerb, and am able to digest food, without having to lay down after eating, and I can  zip my pants after a snack.  Plus I can eat ice cream and yogurt again without Montezuma's revenge visiting me the next morning.  I feel so much more comfortable.


It is also wonderful being off the faslodex shots, they were such a pain in the _ss!  I did try jogging a little bit after my first dose (about a week in), and it hurt pretty bad, I had to stop and walk.  My whole hips were tender, and my gluts (where the faslodex shots were done) hurt, and on top of all that the new spot on my femur hurts a ton.  But all of that pain goes away when I walk or stop bouncing. 

So life is good.  Today I took Parker on a nice long bike ride (phew) then we went fishing and caught 11 panfish.  Good day.  So now my gluts hurt for yet another reason.  Ahhh the joys of being a pincushion.  Yesterday my infusion went totally uneventful, just long.... as I am still my doctor's only patient on this drug and possibly the first patient at the UI to receive the drug.  Because it is so new, it takes forever to enter all the dosing and insurance info into the computer, so I waited 2 hours with my i.v. in until the drug was finally delivered to my chair.  Oh well, it was worth it.
First patient to receive Kadcyla!  Whoohhoooo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment