Monday, September 12, 2011

Ca27.29 climbing, but is that significant?

Doctor's appointment went fine last Wednesday, he said that my immediate blood tests were good, all back within the normal range. But then today I got back my Ca27.29 results and the numbers once again are climbing. They went from being 99 in May, to 76, 45, then up to 54 and the latest was 68. 68 is still relatively low, I've heard of people with active disease having numbers in the 1000s. Doc said that he'd be more concerned if it was at least doubling over several months- so I shouldn't worry. Well that's easy for you to say.

I hate the fact that I've taken such good care of my body and it has betrayed me. I really really really get annoyed with how society thinks (and I did too) that if you exercise & eat right you won't get cancer. People mistake "healthy" with being physically fit- which is not at all the same thing. Being physically fit does NOT prevent you from getting the flu, or a cold or EVEN CANCER! Besides physical fitness is superficial, and who is to say that they know what is going on inside their bodies by looking at the exterior. I know quite a few women that are very physically fit and they still got cancer. All the craze with exercising, eating vegan or organic foods is lulling society into a false sense of security. It makes you believe that if you do these things you can control your body. WRONG. Just look at the little children who get leukemia or diabetes- is it because they didn't exercise or because their parents didn't serve them organic foods? It is not.

Just like we have no control over which genes are turned on or off in every cell in our body- we can't prevent bad things from happening to seemingly "healthy" people. The bottom line is we are all dying from some chronic disease, just most of us don't know it yet. And there are the occasional individuals that live into their 90s- why, you ask. They are just freaking lucky.

3 comments:

  1. You sooo right! All this health food craze and no one is really paying attention to what is really important! LIVING!! Stay strong! You are an amazing woman and I am sooo privileged to have you in my life!
    Kerry Hyde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked your post. I too felt betrayed by my body at my diagnosis since I've been a runner since age 16 and have actually eaten pretty healthy my whole life, thanks to my mother. It's an important point though that you make. Lesly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you totally that most people have a disease but don't know it yet. We are all fighting something, but you are so brave to talk about it and share your feelings. Are you still doing that benefit walk this weekend? I couldn't get on the website that was in your message to the immunology program... -Nancy Ray

    ReplyDelete