Sunday, July 27, 2014

Huge steps in the right direction

Thanks to all your prayers and continued support I have made leaps and bounds forward in my recovery from radiation.  I even managed a mile hike at Kent Park this weekend, followed by fishing at eating out 2 times without getting an upset tummy.  So I think we are beyond the worst and are moving to new territory.  My tumor marker did go up some what but its still not as high as it once was and we still have therapies to turn to.  I also managed to go to church this weekend which was filled with hugs and support, exactly what I needed and was so looking forward to seeing.   I can't wait until next weekend.  Parker is doing great and is getting ready to start preK next month.  And on top of all these wonderful gifts our friends decided to treat us to a bed and breakfast in Galena, IL for just the two of us, we will be going in 2 weeks and I can't wait.   Grandma and Grandpa will be more than happy to watch Parker so we can get away for some R and R.   Thanks for all your continued prayers, they make a world of difference, so thank you and God Bless!   I'm working hard at my own version of PT, walking mostly, but am eager to try swimming soon too! XOXOXOX

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, you got this. I believe in you. You can do this. I will be your prayer warrior. Keep making those huge steps and staying positive. I admire your strength. You are an amazing role model for your family and for young women everywhere. God Bless- Nicole Buchholz

    ReplyDelete